Welcome to Oasis Living
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
BY CLICKING “I ACCEPT” (OR WORDS TO SIMILAR EFFECT) OR BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING, OR OTHERWISE ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND, AS A CONDITION TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY, THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE, OR DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, THEN YOU DO NOT HAVE OUR PERMISSION TO USE THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, AND OUR PROVISION OF THE SERVICE TO YOU AND EXPRESS LICENSE FOR YOU TO USE THE PROPERTIES (IF APPLICABLE), CONSTITUTE AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN US AND YOU TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT.
THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN WHOLE OR PART, IS NOT A LEASE OR RESIDENTIAL TENANCY AGREEMENT, AND DOES NOT CONVEY OR OTHERWISE TRANSFER OR PROVIDE ANY PROPERTY, LEGAL, OR BENEFICIAL RIGHTS OR INTEREST IN REAL ESTATE TO YOU. YOU ARE NOT A TENANT OF AND HAVE NOT BEEN GRANTED EXCLUSIVE POSSESSION OF, ANY OF THE PROPERTIES.
1. SERVICE OVERVIEW.
We provide information on physical properties managed, owned, licensed, leased, rented, and/or developed by us or any of our affiliates (each a “Property” and collectively the “Properties”). You may use the Service to make legitimate reservations for certain Properties for short-term, mid-term or longer-term rentals and to obtain from us our express (i.e., written) permission for you to use such Properties for a certain period of time, in all cases, only in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The “Service” excludes any and all Properties, but includes services provided by us to you in connection with your permitted use of the Properties (if applicable), whether you reserve such Properties directly from us or a third party.
You must be at least 18 years old to use the Service. By agreeing to this Agreement, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are (i) at least 18 years old, are an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent to agree to this Agreement; and (ii) fully able and competent to enter into this Agreement; (b) you have not previously been suspended or removed from the Service or any of our Properties; and (c) your registration and your use of the Service and our Properties is and will be in compliance with any and all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. If you are an organization (e.g., a company or school), the individual accepting this Agreement on your behalf represents and warrants that he or she has the authority to bind you to this Agreement and you agree to be bound by this Agreement.
3. ACCOUNTS AND REGISTRATION.
To access most features of the Service, you must register for an account. When you register for an account, you may be required to provide us with some information about yourself, such as your name, email address, home address, date of birth, and other contact information. You agree that the information you provide to us is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up-to-date at all times. When you register, you will be asked to provide a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. If you believe that your account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us email@example.com.
4. BACKGROUND CHECKS.
You acknowledge and agree that for transparency, safety, and fraud prevention purposes, and to the extent permitted by applicable law, we may, but have no obligation to, before and/or while you reserve and/or occupy a Property:
A. Require that you provide us with a form of government identification or other information sufficient to assist us with undertaking the background checks described in Sections 4(b)-(c);
B. Screen you against third party databases or other sources and request reports (e.g., credit checks) regarding you from service providers (if available); and
1. FEES AND PAYMENT.
Certain features of the Service may require you to pay fees. Before you pay any fees, you will have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that you will be charged.- NEED TO CLARIFY WHETHER THIS IS HOW OUR PAYMENT SYSTEM WORKS All (SAM) fees are non-refundable unless expressly provided otherwise in writing by us.
- Fees. We reserve the right to determine pricing for the Service and any products we offer for sale or Properties that you may reserve through the Service. We will make reasonable efforts to keep pricing information published on our website up to date. We encourage you to check our website periodically for current pricing information. We may change any of this pricing information (including by adding applicable fees or charges) at any time prior to your completing a reservation and will give you notice of the applicable pricing information prior to completion of such reservation. We, in our sole discretion, may make promotional offers with different features and different pricing to any of our customers. These promotional offers, unless made to you, will not apply to you or this Agreement
- Currency. If you request a reservation, you will be notified of the currency in which you will be charged. This currency will be determined by us based on the Applicable Payment Method (defined in Section 5.3) and the location of the property that you are reserving. For your convenience and if the currency you will be charged in is not the same as the currency applicable in your country, we may provide you with an indication of how much the price would approximately be in your own currency. Such indication is merely indicative, not binding, and will depend on the applicable exchange rate of the day. You acknowledge that the applicable exchange rate used for currency conversion processing may not be identical to the applicable market rate in effect at the specific time such processing occurs because: (i) we update the applicable exchange rate on a regular, but not real-time, basis; and (ii) the applicable exchange rate may include an incremental cost or margin that is not included in the applicable market rate.
- Authorisation. You authorise us to charge all applicable sums (including any applicable security deposits and cleaning fees) for the reservations and/or purchases that you make through the Service and, in accordance with Section 7.5, for the Damaged Property Fee (defined in Section 7.5), including all applicable taxes, to the payment method specified in your account or that you otherwise indicate when you submit such reservation and/or purchase order to us (the “Applicable Payment Method”).Additionally, if the Applicable Payment Method is a credit card, then: (a) we may seek pre-authorisation of your credit card account prior to your reservation or purchase to verify that the credit card is valid and has the necessary funds or credit available to cover your reservation or purchase, or any potential Damaged Property Fee that may apply; and (b) you authorise us to place a hold on such credit card for sums sufficient to cover any applicable Damaged Property Fee and any other fees that you owe us under this Agreement.
- Cancellations and modifications You may modify or cancel a Booking through the Service or by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. Any modification or cancellation may be subject to additional terms and conditions as notified to you prior to your confirmation of a request to modify or cancel a Booking, including the terms and conditions set out in this clause. If you cancel a Booking, the following amounts of the Booking Fee will be refunded to you:
- If you cancel a Booking, the following amounts of the Booking Fee will be refunded to you:
- if you cancel your booking within 48 hours of making the booking, and at least thirty (30) days before the first day of your reservation, you will receive a full refund of the Booking Fee;
- if you cancel your Booking between thirty (30) days and one (1) week before the first day of your reservation, you will receive a refund of 50% of the Booking Fee;
- if you cancel your booking during the week before the first day of your reservation, you will not receive any refund of the Booking Fee;
- if you cancel your booking during the reservation period (for example, if you want to check out before the agreed check-out date), you will not receive any refund of the Booking Fee;
- if your reservation is for a period of thirty (30) days or more:
- if you cancel your Booking at least twenty-nine (29) days before the first day of your reservation, you will receive a refund of the Booking Fee less the fees for the first month of the reservation;
- if you cancel your Booking during the period of twenty-eight (28) days before the first day of your reservation, you will not receive any refund of the Booking Fee; and
- if you cancel your booking during the reservation period (for example, if you want to check out before the agreed check-out date), you will receive a refund of the Booking Fee for any amounts paid in advance in respect of the period commencing thirty (30) days after the date of cancellation. In other words, you will not receive a refund for the period prior to the date of cancellation, and you will not receive a refund (or you will be required to pay if you have not already done so) the fee for the period of thirty (30) days after the date of cancellation (or for the remainder of your reservation, if this is less than thirty (30) days).
- If you check out three (3) or more hours after the check-out time [as notified to you on the Booking confirmation], you will be charged for one (1) additional night for late check-out, as notified to you [on the reservation confirmation email]. This additional fee will be calculated at the same daily rate.
- SERVICE AND BOOKED PROPERTIES.
- Limited License to the Service. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with this Agreement, we grant you, solely for your personal and non-commercial use (except as expressly provided in this Section 6.1), a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable license to access and use the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may use the Service for non-personal and/or commercial use only if you are an organisation and only to reserve Properties for or on behalf of your organisation’s employees, your organisation’s students, and/or a third party (“Limited Commercial Use”), provided that:
- you enter into a separate written agreement with us that provides additional terms and conditions governing this Limited Commercial Use (“Commercial Agreement”)and such use shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Commercial Agreement;
- you require each employee, student, and/or third party to agree in writing to be bound by this Agreement; and
- you remain responsible and liable for all acts and omissions of each such employee, student, and/or third party to the same extent as if such acts and omissions had been undertaken by you.
- Limited License to Booked Properties. Subject to your complete and ongoing compliance with this Agreement, we grant you a limited, exclusive (except as expressly provided in this Section 6.2), non-transferable, non-sublicensable (except as expressly provided in this Section 6.2), revocable license to occupy the specific type of Property for only the specific period of time that you have reserved through our Service and for the maximum number of occupants permitted by us, as confirmed in writing by us and provided by us to you by email or other means (such specific type of property, the “Booked Property” and such specific period of time, the “Period of Occupancy”). For the avoidance of doubt, we are not obliged to make the Booked Property available, and a binding contract with respect to the Booked Property is not in place, until such time as you receive the foregoing written confirmation, and in no event shall you have any rights to renewal, extension, or recurring use of the Booked Property. Notwithstanding the foregoing: (a) you may sublicense the foregoing license to an employee, student, or third party for Limited Commercial Use only provided you meet the conditions set forth in Section 6.1(6.1.1)-(6.1.3)** need to check our stance with this; and (b) we reserve the right at all times during the Period of Occupancy to permit other individuals to enter the Booked Property at any time in the following circumstances or for the following purposes:
- in response to your written or verbal request, upon your consent, or as necessary to provide the Service to you;
- to investigate, address, or prevent any actual or reasonably suspected or foreseeable past, current, or impending unlawful activity;
- to prevent or mitigate bodily harm to you or others that we reasonably expect has occurred or may occur;
- upon your breach of any provision of this Agreement, provided that we give you prior notice (e.g., by email, phone, text message, or knocking on the door);
- for any purpose (including for repair and maintenance), provided that we give you reasonable notice (e.g., by email, phone, text message, or knocking on the door);
- to cooperate with requests from law enforcement officials to enter the Booked Property;
- where we believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety, rights, or property of us, you, any third party, or to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity; and/or
- at any time in the event of an emergency. You hereby agree to direct any repair, maintenance and other operational questions, requests, or complaints to Oasis Living and shall not direct any such communications to Landlord.
- Feedback License To Us. If you choose to provide suggestions or any other input regarding problems with, proposed modifications or improvements to, or any other aspect of the Service or Properties (“Feedback”), then you hereby grant us an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, freely transferable and sublicensable (including through multiple tiers), royalty-free, and fully-paid right and license to exploit the Feedback in any manner and for any purpose with no obligation or accounting to you, including to improve the Service and Properties and create other products and services.
- RESTRICTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Compliance With Law. If you are prohibited under applicable law from using the Service or any of the Properties (including Booked Properties), you may not use them. You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, and regulations that may apply to your use of the Service and/or Properties.
- Use of Amenities. You and your guest(s) may use only the Booked Property amenities (e.g., fitness room and gym equipment) that are described in your reservation confirmation. You agree to comply and ensure all of your guests’ compliance with all of our and the applicable Landlords’ rules with respect to your and your guests’ use of such amenities. You understand and agree that use of such amenities may be suspended if you or any of your guests violate any such rules. You shall be responsible for any damage to such amenities that you or any of your guests cause. ANY USE OF SUCH AMENITIES IS AT YOUR AND YOUR GUESTS’ OWN RISK AND YOU AND YOUR GUESTS RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE ANY OASIS LIVING ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF SUCH AMENITIES.
- Prohibited Conduct. In connection with your use of the Service and Properties, you may not and you agree that you will not (except and solely to the extent such restriction is impermissible under applicable law):
- Use the Service or any Property for any illegal purpose or in violation of any local, state, national, or international law (e.g., you may not use your, our, or a third-party Internet connection or device on any of our Properties to illegally download or share files through BitTorrent, other peer-to-peer protocols, or otherwise);
- Impersonate any individual or organization, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself (including your age or date of birth) or your affiliation with any individual or organization;
- Register for more than one Oasis Living account or register for an Oasis Living account on behalf of an individual other than yourself, except as expressly permitted under a Commercial Agreement between you and us;
- Use the Service or any Property for any commercial or another purpose that is not expressly permitted under this Agreement (for the avoidance of doubt, you may not resell or transfer to any other individual or organization any reservation you make through the Service, except as expressly permitted under a Commercial Agreement between you and us), or make false, fraudulent, or speculative reservations);
- Reproduce, distribute, publicly display, or publicly perform any aspect of the Service or make modifications to any aspect of the Service or any Property;
- Bring into or onto any Property any dangerous or hazardous item (including items that are likely to increase the risk of fire or explosion);
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Service;
- Use, display, mirror, or frame any aspect of the Service (including any layout or design of any webpage or form contained therein), our name, or any of our trademarks, logos, or other proprietary information, without our express written consent;
- Copy, store, or otherwise access any information accessible through the Service or any Property for purposes not expressly permitted under this Agreement;
- Use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots, or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl,” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Service or to otherwise collect information or interact with the Service;
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Service to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in one or more downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory, or the like, whether by manual or automated methods;
- Interfere or tamper with, circumvent, damage, or test the vulnerability of any aspect of the Service or Properties (including any physical item therein), whether by manual or automated methods, including through the use of viruses, cancelbots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing of email address information, or similar methods or technology;
- Infringe, misappropriate, or violate the rights of any individual or organization, including their intellectual property rights (including rights to trade secrets and moral rights), or their privacy, publicity, confidentiality, contractual, property, or other rights;
- Use the Service or any Property to transmit, distribute, post, or submit any information concerning any other individual or organization without such individual’s or organization’s permission, including photographs, personal contact information, or credit, debit, calling card, or other account numbers;
- Engage in any conduct that:
- would give rise to civil liability;
- is fraudulent, false, misleading, or deceptive;
- is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar, or offensive;
- promotes or constitutes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment, or harm against any individual or group or otherwise threatens or embarrasses any individual or group;
- is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other individual or organization;
- promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances; and/or
- Attempt to do any of the foregoing or assist or advocate, encourage, permit, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
- Safety Features. You acknowledge and agree that the Properties may contain certain safety features such as smoke detectors or sound level monitoring units, you consent to our use of these safety features, and you agree not to interfere or tamper with these features (as prohibited under Section 7.3.12)
- Damaged Property. You are responsible for leaving any Booked Property in the condition it was in when you arrived and for following all related Additional Terms applicable toyour stay at a Booked Property. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals who you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, any Booked Property. If we reasonably believe that you have damaged a Booked Property or damaged or stolen any physical item therein (“Damaged Property”), we will provide you with reasonable notice and evidence of such damage or suspected theft and will give you two business days to respond to our claim. After this time period, we will be automatically entitled to charge the Applicable Payment Method for the full amount of the greater of the costs and fees actually incurred by us or that we reasonably expect to incur for fixing or replacing the Damaged Property (which may include replacing damaged items with equivalent items) (“Damaged Property Fee”). We reserve at all times the right to fix the Damaged Property in the manner of our choosing and to pursue in our sole discretion any and all avenues available to us to collect from you the Damaged Property Fee. For example, we may exercise the foregoing right by fixing the Damaged Property over an extended period of time, charging the Applicable Payment Method the sum total of the Damaged Property Fee up front or in installments, or by making one or more claims under your homeowner’s, renter’s, and/or other insurance policy, and you agree to cooperate with and assist us in good faith, and to provide us with such information as we may reasonably request in order to successfully make such claim.
- Investigation and Prosecution. We reserve at all times the right to investigate and prosecute any breach of any provision of this Agreement to the fullest extent of the law. We may involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who breach any provision of this Agreement. You acknowledge that we have no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Service or Properties but have the right to do so for the purpose of operating the Service, to ensure your compliance with this Agreement, or to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency, or other governmental body.
- OWNERSHIP; PROPRIETARY RIGHTS.
- The Service is owned and operated by us. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Materials”) provided by us are protected by intellectual property and other laws. All Materials included in the Service are our and/or our third-party licensors’ property. Except as expressly authorized by us, you may not make use of the Materials. We reserve all rights to the Materials not granted expressly in this Agreement.
- THIRD-PARTY TERMS.
- We may provide tools or features through the Service that enable you to interact with, including export information to, third-party websites or services, including through features that allow you to link your Oasis Living account with an account on a third-party website or service, such as Twitter, Facebook, or a third-party payment processor, or through our implementation of third-party buttons (such as “like” or “share” buttons). (* Can an individual register an account by signing into their social media account? SAM) By using one of these tools or features, you agree that we may transfer such exported information to the applicable third-party website or service. Third-party websites and services are not under our control, and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for any third-party service’s use of your exported information. You acknowledge and agree that such interactions with third-party websites or services may be governed by one or more third parties’ terms, conditions, and/or policies.
- USER CONTENT
- User Content Generally. Certain features of the Service may permit users to submit content to the Service, including messages, reviews, ratings, and other types of works (“User Content”)and to publish User Content on the Service. You retain any copyright and other proprietary rights that you may hold in the User Content that you post to the Service.
- Ratings and Reviews. Within a certain timeframe after completing a reservation, you and other users may provide us with a public review (“Review”) and/or rating (“Rating”)regarding your or such other user’s experience with the Service or at a Booked Property. Reviews and Ratings reflect the opinions of the individual or entity that leaves such Review or Rating, do not reflect our opinion, and may be incorrect or misleading. We may, but are not obliged to, verify any Reviews or Ratings for accuracy. You acknowledge and agree that if you provide a Review or Rating, such Review or Rating must be accurate, may not contain any offensive or defamatory language, may be surfaced anywhere (including publicly) on our Service or a third-party service as permitted by us, and constitute “User Content.”
- Limited License Grant to Us. By providing User Content to or via the Service, you grant us an unrestricted, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, freely transferable and sublicensable (including through multiple tiers), royalty-free, and fully-paid right and license to exploit the User Content, in whole or in part, in any manner (including in any language or any media formats and through any media channels now known or hereafter developed) and for any purpose with no obligation or accounting to you.
- User Content Representations and Warranties. We disclaim any and all liability in connection with User Content. You are solely responsible for your User Content and the consequences of providing User Content via the Service. By providing User Content via the Service, you affirm, represent, and warrant that:
- you are the creator and owner of the User Content, or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to authorize us and our sublicensees to use and distribute your User Content as necessary to exercise the licenses granted by you in this Section 10, in the manner contemplated by us, the Service, and this Agreement;
- your User Content, and the use of your User Content as contemplated by this Agreement, does not and will not:
- infringe, violate, or misappropriate any third party’s right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- slander, defame, libel, or invade the right of privacy, publicity, or other property rights of any other individual or organization; or
- cause us to violate any law, rule, or regulation; and
- your User Content could not be deemed by a reasonable person to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate.
- User Content Disclaimer. We are under no obligation to edit or control User Content that you or other users post or publish and will not be in any way responsible or liable for User Content. We may, however, at any time and without prior notice, screen, remove, edit, or block any User Content that in our sole judgment violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable. You understand that when using the Service you may be exposed to User Content from a variety of sources and acknowledge that User Content may be inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to waive and do waive, any legal or equitable right or remedy you have or may have against us with respect to User Content. If notified by a user or content owner that User Content allegedly does not conform to this Agreement, we may investigate the allegation and determine in our sole discretion whether to remove the User Content, which we reserve the right to do at any time and without notice. For clarity, we do not permit copyright-infringing activities on the Service.
- Monitoring Content. We do not control and do not have any obligation to monitor:
- User Content;
- any content made available by third parties; or
- the use of the
- Service by its users. You acknowledge and agree that we reserve the right to, and may from time to time, monitor any and all information transmitted or received through the Service for operational and other purposes. If at any time we choose to monitor the content, we still assume no responsibility or liability for the content or any loss or damage incurred as a result of the use of content.
- MODIFICATION OF THIS AGREEMENT.
- We reserve the right to change this Agreement (including any of the Additional Terms) on a going-forward basis at any time. Please check this Agreement periodically for changes. If a change to this Agreement materially modifies your rights or obligations, we may require that you accept the modified Agreement in order to continue to use the Service or any Properties. Material modifications are effective upon your acceptance of the modified Agreement and we will provide you with reasonable notice prior to such changes taking effect. Please discontinue using the Service and any Property if you do not agree to these changes. Immaterial modifications are effective upon publication. Except as expressly permitted in this Section 11, this Agreement may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of the parties to this Agreement. Disputes arising under this Agreement will be resolved in accordance with the version of this Agreement that was in effect at the time the dispute arose.
- TERM, TERMINATION AND MODIFICATION OF THE SERVICE.
- Term: This Agreement is effective beginning when you accept it or first download, install, or otherwise access or use the Service or Properties, and its term ends when the Agreement is terminated as described in Section 13.2
- Termination: the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, if you violate any provision of this Agreement, all of our licenses to you and this Agreement automatically terminate without notice to you. In addition, we may, in our sole discretion, terminate this Agreement or your account on the Service, or suspend or terminate your access to the Service, at any time for any reason or no reason, with or without notice. You may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time by contacting customer service at email@example.com and requesting that your account be deleted.
- Effect of Termination Upon termination of this Agreement:
- all of our licenses to you hereunder automatically terminate and you must immediately cease all use of the Service and Properties;
- you will no longer be authorized to access your account or the Service or any Properties;
- you must pay us any unpaid amount that was due prior to termination; and
- all payment obligations accrued prior to termination and Sections 5, 6.3, 7, 8, 10, 12.3, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17 will survive.
- Modification of the Service. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service such as any of our product or Property offerings), temporarily or permanently, without notice to you. We will have no liability for any change to the Service or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service.
- THE SERVICE.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, you are responsible for your use of the Service and Properties, and you will defend and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates, subsidiaries, Landlords, and agents (individually a “Oasis Living Entity” and collectively the “Oasis Living Entities”) from and against every claim brought by a third party, and any related liability, direct or indirect damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or connected with: (a) your unauthorized use of, or misuse of, the Service or Properties; (b) your breach or violation of any portion of this Agreement, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in this Agreement, or any applicable law, rule, or regulation (including those put in place by Landlords from time to time); (c) your infringement, misappropriation, or violation of any third party’s right, including any intellectual property rights (including rights to trade secrets and moral rights), or any privacy, publicity, confidentiality, contractual, property, or other rights; (d) any dispute or issue between you and any third party; or (e) any injury, death, or damages sustained by any individual or entity, or to the property of the same, where such injury, death, or damage is caused by your or any of your guests’, visitors’, or invitees’ acts or omissions. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defence of those claims.
- DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES
- THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES, INCLUDING (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE.
- WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES, OR ANY PORTION OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- WE DO NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, OR MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
- YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR ANY CONDITION OR CIRCUMSTANCE (E.G., CONSTRUCTION) OUTSIDE A PROPERTY.
- OTHER THAN AS SET OUT IN SECTION 15 BELOW, NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, OR ANY OASIS LIVING ENTITIES WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE FOREGOING THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. OTHER THAN AS SET OUT IN SECTION 15 BELOW, WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, OR YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SAME. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, MOBILE DEVICE, OR ANY PHYSICAL BELONGINGS USED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES) OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, INCLUDING USER CONTENT.
- WE DO NOT CONTROL ANY FEES THAT MAY BE CHARGED TO YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OUR COLLECTION OF ANY FEES THAT YOU OWE US UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE FOREGOING.
- THE LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. WE DO NOT DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OR OTHER RIGHT THAT WE ARE PROHIBITED FROM DISCLAIMING UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- “WE”, AS USED IN THIS SECTION 14, REFERS TO US AS WELL AS THE APPLICABLE LANDLORD(S).
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ANY ENTITY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, REPUTATION, GOODWILL, INCOME, SALES, REVENUE, BUSINESS, ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, OR DATA, OR FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WASTED MANAGEMENT OR OFFICE TIME, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL ANY OASIS LIVING ENTITY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ANY OASIS LIVING ENTITY HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
- WE DO NOT EXCLUDE OR LIMIT IN ANY WAY OUR LIABILITY TO YOU WHERE IT WOULD BE UNLAWFUL TO DO SO. IN THE UK AND THE EU, THIS INCLUDES LIABILITY: FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY OUR NEGLIGENCE OR THE NEGLIGENCE OF OUR EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR SUBCONTRACTORS; FOR FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION; OR FOR BREACH OF OUR OBLIGATION TO PERFORM THE SERVICE WITH REASONABLE CARE AND SKILL OR FAILURE TO PERFORM THE SERVICE IN ACCORDANCE WITH INFORMATION PROVIDED BY US TO YOU ABOUT US OR THE SERVICE.
- EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN SECTION 15.5 AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE OASIS LIVING ENTITIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT OR TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICE, PROPERTIES, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE OR PROPERTIES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID TO USFOR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICE AND PROPERTIES IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE EVENT OR CIRCUMSTANCE GIVING RISE TO CLAIM; OR (B) $100; UNLESS THE UK HOTEL PROPRIETORS’ ACT 1956 APPLIES, IN WHICH CASE OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM PRESCRIBED UNDER THAT ACT.
- EACH PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS INTENDED TO AND DOES ALLOCATE THE RISKS BETWEEN THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. EACH OF THESE PROVISIONS IS SEVERABLE AND INDEPENDENT OF ALL OTHER PROVISIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 16 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
- If you are dissatisfied with our service and you are unable to resolve such dissatisfaction with your Oasis Living contact, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days of receipt and an investigation undertaken. A formal written response will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of your formal complaint. If you remain dissatisfied, you may be entitled to refer the matter to The Property Ombudsman (TPO) within six months for a review.- CLARIFY